Tex Knitter

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Knitting Travels Better Than I Do!

In the midst of a immediate family issue (I have a family, that may be the issue) I had to book a flight from Dallas to Sacramento. Being last minute, I was, of course, thrown on standby. The first flight that I was booked on was Monday at 9:30am. My luggage made the trip I didn't.

Then, couldn't get on the 12:30, the 3:30, the 5:45, the 7:30 and batting 0 for 6, didn't get on the 9:53pm. I'm back at DFW this morning doing the whole routine over again and praying. Praying one, what few clothes I packed in one case didn't get lost, but I can always replace those. AND WORSE, that one suitcase containing every WOP I have going doesn't! I couldn't bear that.

And if may luck were not bad enough, last night was the first meeting of a Dallas men's knitting group, and of course, I thought I would be in California but instead was whimpering that I was sitting at the airport instead of knitting along with the guys. Something I own is cursed.

(I've been wondering why Aunt Martha, who I never liked, left me that ugly ring!)

Will keep you posted if I ever see my babies again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you finally caught a flight and are not starting day 3 of sitting at the airport.

7/26/2006  
Blogger Kenny said...

Well since you aren't curled up in a fetal position, I assume that you got your WIP's back from those devil airlines. Didja? huh? didja?

7/27/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home