Tex Knitter

Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's a Boy!


Yes ladies and germs it's official. Jim has named his new coffee tree 'Sven' to honor the love of his life- Gevallia Coffee.

It's actually a really pretty plant and seems to be growing like a weed. My guess is that he will harvest about as much coffee as I will this year with the olive 'grove'.

As for what's going on in my knitworld this week, I should have the clogs wrapped up TODAY!! And then off to start another pair for his mom. I don't know why, but it just feels good to start fresh and with different colors of yarn.

Saturday my neighbor turned me on to these needles from La Knitterie Parisinne. Aren't they just about the queerest needles ever made? The tips light up so that a guy can knit in the dark. I have half a mind (and I mean that literally sometimes) to order a set and check them out. If and when I do I'll let you folks know how they work out. It just may be 15 bucks thrown down the toilet.

Well so far June has been a hot and humid one here in Dallas. I hope you all are having a good summer, staying cool, and knitting to your hearts content.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Yay! Glad that you're almost done with the clogs. Be sure to post a pic! I still haven't started mine...maybe when I get back home. Oh, and nice new pic of yourself! -Ken

6/26/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, i'll have to check them out the next time i am at La Knitterie Parisienne and let you know if they are crap!

7/15/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home