Tex Knitter

Saturday, May 06, 2006

So I Wait and Wait and Wait

Yeppers, still no sign of the yarn yet, I wanted to be able to knit in my old age but I didn't imagine getting there waiting to start this project!

In the meantime, I thought I would take on a simple fast weekend project whilst the yarn commeth, so I decided on doing a quick Harry Potter bookscarf for the Potter freak in my life.

That's the pattern pic not the one I'm working on.

It called for knitting in the round with cotton. I knit a few rounds and ended up frogging it as it was not turning out to be a bookmark at all....but a thick-assed book wedge. So I changed it to a 1x1 rib, so it would lay flat and have about 10 rows to go. (there are only 16 stitches to a row).

And speaking of the Harry Potter Freak............. HERE HE IS!!!!!

Yes ladies and germs. It's the husband! All 190 pounds of cuteness of him.

Folks, believe it or not, we have not had one argument in 6 years. And how do we do that you ask? We simply ignore each other! (kidding) We actually ENJOY each others company and, at least for me, want to be together as much as we can.

Yesiree, I love the guy. Each night, when we go to bed, I put my head where his chest would be, if he had one, throw my arm around his manly stomach and thank ____________(fill in the blank to suit your own purpose) that he was thrown my way and that I didn't throw him back!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to wait to start a project (this may be why I have a stash of yarn) and so I get all crazy when I have to order needles or something to start something. Doesn't it make you want to twitch? Lovely bit about the spouse. Domestic tranquility is so marvelous. I love the no fighting in our home too. No drama, but so nurturing.

5/08/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home