Tex Knitter

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Hurry up! My Martini's Getting Hot! (and other mishaps)

For the last couple of years I have wanted to get an olive tree for the patio and for the last couple of years everyone has reassured me that you can't grow an olive tree in Dallas. So of course I ordered one. In anticipation of my first harvest I've taken up drinking martinis.

When the tree arrived yesterday I pulled it out of the box only to discover that it was broken in half! Poor thing. The nursery assures me that even broken it will grow but they are going too replace it anyway. So maybe I will end up with 2 for 1.

And for all you out there who say it won't survive the winter, keep in mind that I have a 7ft. grapefruit tree, with fruit, out on the patio that you can't grow here either!

On the knitting front, a really great guy Kevin and I spent a good deal of time early Friday evening with him trying to teach me how to knit two socks at the same time on one circ. (By the way, thanks to 'Barbaras' Pavillion Club' for the knitting space...you make great hangovers... my liver recommends you highly) He started with showing me how to do a elastic cast on and with it being totally foreign to me it took a LARGE amount of time to cast on those damn microscopic stitches.

Then came time to progress to the knitting portion. I have never knitted on such small needles nor used such small yarn and then throw that loop de loop knitting technique in on top of it and I was lost! When I took the work out of the bag the next morning it looked like two cats had had a fight in there all night long. So I went back to knitting on the clogs.

Normally I knit while I work and it is never a problem for me, but when working the clog pattern DON'T DO IT! You have to watch this pattern line by line like a hawk. I had cast on the outter sole in the morning and was going to finish it up by the time I got off work, HAHA" Everytime I got interrupted, (imagine people wanting your attention while you are at work knitting), I lost my place in the row. I cast that sucker on three times that day.

I finally finished the sole yesterday. I got home and sat on the patio enjoying the warm but not unpleasant afternoon and started to bind the two soles together. I was within 3 stitches of finishing when the neighbor came over to get a copy of a movie he lent me. I sat the knitting down on the ground, stood up, turned to go inside to get it and as I did my toe caught the yarn and off come the stitches. Never did find them. Now I am going to quietly put it aside and get back to it when I calm down.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Hey Chris,

How are the two at a time socks coming? Any easier now? I've started mine with the new yarn that I posted on my blog. Love working with the alpaca. I'll post a pic once I get further along, just a little more than the ribbing right now! Hope you're doing well.

Ken

6/14/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, don't lissen to those bitches! If you wanna grow martini olives, you go right ahead. People said that to me when I said I wanted to grown a Mediterranean Laurel tree. In the house. I got poo-pooed to no end. Well, I've trimmed it back constantly over the last 5 years, down from the 7 foot height. You want it, you DO IT!

7/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!
Very like it!
I like it a lot! Good work, keep it up. Tomorrow I shall return again.

I know another good sites:

http://percocet.butkel1.org/ percocet

Aufiderzein!

12/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!
Keep up this great resource.
Very much interesting site. Here a lot of helpful information.

I know another good sites:

http://percocet.butkel1.org/ percocet

Aufiderzein!

12/17/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gutten TAG!
Great site. Keep doing.
I like it a lot! Good work, keep it up. We enjoyed visiting your website very much.

My links here:
http://personalloanscom.blogspot.com/ personal loans

Ciao!

12/22/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home