Tex Knitter

Friday, April 21, 2006

Decided on the Project!

And here it is..........Stay tuned for the story. It's a Debbie Bliss Pattern.

Well, it's been a whole ten days since I last posted. Damn, it goes fast. I'm typing as the husband, Jim, is watching " Deal or No Deal". Did you know that Valtrex will not inhibit the spread of genital herpes??? It says so on TV. All's ok as he turns a blind eye to my kitting obsession. Of course, I have to remove his glasses and poke his eyes out for that to happen. But ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Here's the Bliss story.....

I found this pattern on the internet and really liked it. I printed the image and gave it to my local yarn wench. The pattern is named "Guernsey" so she looked it up and Miss Bliss's web site says that it is done in DK Cotton. No problem. I order 25 skeins of cotton only to find out that Miss Bliss has a half dozen sweaters that are by the same name. This one is done in her Cashmerino.

In research, Cashmerino has the great reputation for being a "dream to knit with" but aparently does not hold up in longetivity. So that's out.

I cancelled the cotton and am now in search of a replacement for the yarn.

I hate making decisions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home