Tex Knitter

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Well, I Ordered the "Crap"


Yep, after all that research on Miz Bliss' "cashmerino aran" the denizens of the LYS talked me into ordering it after all. They assure me that they have eperienced no problems with the yarn and I hope they are right. Here she be:


If I knit up 22 skeins of it and it doesn't hold up, I'm gonna be pissed. I hope to get it about a week from now and get started on the thing. It's on size 6 and 7 needles so I know it's going to take awhile.

I'm still working on getting a men's knitting group started here in The Big 'D'. I've been conversing with a nice guy named Scott up in Plano and I have to retouch base with Kevin here in Dallas. And then start hitting some of the local knitting groups and get to recruiting some people as well has start a poster campaign at the local shops. I'll get it together somehow.

AND, as a stroke of luck would have it, Phases bar is putting in a lounge area towards the back of the building and the manager (who happens to be the hubby) has agreed to let us meet there. Hopefully I can get a group together in the approx. month it will take them to remodel.

All is right with the world today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Knotty said...

That's a handsome sweater. Your pic of the yarn looks like it's a creamy beige color (or is that my monitor being wonky?) - Looking forward to the process!

I'm not a dude, but I think your men's knitting group is AWESOME. Good luck with coordinating.

-The Whimsy

4/25/2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Great sweater choice. I love the idea of a mens knitting group - I'm not a guy, but would love to continue to read about your progress.

4/25/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home